Asking questions essentially seems like a trivial matter. The right kind of relationship questions can make a world of difference when you are trying to nurture a relationship. It takes you even closer to the person whom you are dating. A couple hence comes across newer ways to relate to each other.
Couples are Essentially of Different Kinds
In the world, we find couples of different kinds. Some are shy and introverted – the kinds who like to stay quiet. They don’t interact all that much. There are others who talk frequently. It helps them build relationships. When people ask questions, they begin to talk constructively. Asking relationship questions is especially important.
Guessing The Right Stuff is Not Easy
Whenever couples get started with a relationship, they try and do stuff which they think their partner wants them to do. But the problem which arises with the same is that most people do not guess the right stuff. When, alternately, they begin to ask questions, they will have more information at hand. The need for guessing or being unsure about what to do goes away.
Steer Clear of Confusion
Let us consider an example. Suppose, one person in a relationship is on a lookout to spend some more time alone, as compared to his/her partner. This can create a conflict in the partner’s mind. The partner would feel that since his/her partner does not want to be with him/her, it goes to show that his/her partner does not care about him/her. But in reality, one of the two partners may be used to the situation wherein he/she spends time alone. They do it without realizing how they make their partners feel.
Questions Clear Confusion
This creates confusion. Asking questions is the only way to clear the confusion. Asking questions is not about trying and figuring out if you are compatible with your partner. It is about understanding your partner and recognizing the differences, so you can find a way to accept them. Intimate relationships are all about interacting about how you feel. If you do not know if somebody likes coffee, it is best to ask them in person.
Let us now take a look at the top 25 questions that are important in a relationship:
- How much do you enjoy the time we spend together?
- Do you think I understand what you feel?
- Do you think home chores should be divided proportionately?
- If you like spending time outdoors, you can ask your partner to spend time outdoors.
- What do you like to do on Saturday nights?
- Do you think we share the same values?
- Do you think our finances should be combined or separate?
- Given a choice, where would you like to live? A city? A village? A suburb? A small town?
- What kind of vacations do you enjoy the most?
- Do you want to have kids?
- What is the best gift that your partner could give you?
- What is the most important way in which you show love?
- If your partner had friends from opposite sex, how would you feel?
- Do you like to travel abroad?
- How much of a role does spirituality play in your life?
- What is your opinion regarding physical fitness?
- What do you do when your partner is sad?
- How do you handle fights with your partner?
- How do you spend free time?
- How do you respond when your partner does not show up on time?
- What is the right time for partners to meet each others’ families?
- What are the most difficult topics for you to discuss with your partner?
- How do you feel when you are interrupted?
- Would you switch you job for a better pay?
- How do you express your creativity?